Sunday, August 12, 2007

Oh No!

We finally found a dingy townhouse and we have to pay $1,400 dollars a month for rent, that doesn't include the utilities or the damage deposit. We moved in our bare essentials and have set about getting the kids all settled, registering them in schools and stuff. The first shock for me is having to do all the housework. I honestly can't remember the last time I cleaned toilets. There was always someone else around to do that for me. George's rose-colored spectacles are coming off because he sees that he has to help me too. It's all too much for me!! We have the kids registered to start school in September which is almost here. Our job search has started in earnest. I obviously can't afford to be a lady of leisure, what with that rent. We found a beat-up car at some auction and the first question the kids asked was "are we supposed to ride in this?" I ask myself, "have we spoilt them?" Well, we at least need something to get around with. Money, money, money. I am so worried about money. We keep spending and nothing is coming in. At least not yet. I'll try to remain optimistic while I keep sending my resumes out. Time will tell.

No comments: